Friday, August 28, 2009

Life Drawing: Oils! Final Class!

This was a fun class for me because I got to do a couple of demonstration paintings. Not many students showed up, sad to say since it was one of the best classes yet, but the small group made it much less of a chore. Nevertheless afterward I was very tired and had to lie down before my birthday dinner at Kalani!

We worked on a rather dark purplish gessoed paper in Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Ultramarine Blue, and Permalba White. The challenge was to raise the colors up to a full range of brilliance in spite of the limited palette. Most of the paintings remained in the dark range but especially after a little photoshop enhancement they look really fun!

Next Thursday we'll start on our month of portrait drawing, provided I don't have to go to Kaua'i to install the new painting/mural.









No comments: