Friday, August 21, 2009

Life Drawing in 3-color oils











I'm very proud of this class. Many of these folks had never worked in oils before. All these fine drawings are done on gessoed paper, which is a good learning material although it does take some labor to prepare. The colors were Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, and Alizarin Crimson. While not the hugest palette possible, these three colors do enable a lot of effects. Some of the students were struggling with the fumes, even though my studio couldn't be more wide open. I love Yumiko's unintentionally whimsical drawings. Richard of course brings the full blaze of his erotic intensity to bear. Didiet is making amazing progress, and so is Caroline Delano (in the picture). I had a chance to do a quick drawing in between making the rounds and snooping over shoulders, which is good because it reminds me how difficult the assignment is.

No comments: