Saturday, June 09, 2007

A Day at the Gallery & What I Shipped....












Last Saturday I finally locked the gallery door behind me and was on my way to get a sandwich for a late lunch. By Finagle's rule of course, a few seconds later a very nice couple from Berkeley came to the door and peered through the glass. I doubled back and let them in, whereupon the woman proceeded to pick out three very charming paintings by Cosette and Tuko, all paintings of the Kalapana-Kapoho road (the famous "Red Road"). Turns out the lady had grown up in that area and had owned a home in Kalapana that was destroyed by the lava flow in '89, and wanted to surround herself with these reminders of an idyllic time.

On the same day I shipped those to her, I also shipped off a portrait I'd done of Bobbo Jetmundson, a colorful southerner from Georgia, along with a big scene of leaning Kamani trees (tropical mahogany) and a moonrise painting.

While I'm at it, here are some photos of the gallery. I'm thinking it might be time for a make-over!

No comments: